Okay, it’s been longer than I would have liked since I posted on here. I’ll blame the holidays, even though that really wasn’t the reason I didn’t update. I haven’t lot any weight in the last week, though I haven’t gained any, either, so I still consider that a win. Really, I think I took one weekend off from updating my food diary while I was watching my boyfriend’s dogs, and I sort of fell out of sync with the whole updating thing.
But now I’m ready to update a bit more. I got a new recipe book for Christmas. I tried a bunch of different salads at Whole Foods, and now I’m on a mission to find a way to make them myself. And I tried pomegranates for the first time and learned that I quite like them. I have a mango that I’m going to try tomorrow. I’m having fun.
I’ve also decided that it’s time for me to list some goals for myself. It’s that time of year that we start setting goals, so why not? For the record, I know that the number on the scale isn’t the most important factor. I want to get healthy. I don’t think that you’re a horrible person if your BMI is over 25 or anything like that. But it’s the easiest thing to measure, so that’s what a large part of my goals are going to be.
Weight Loss Goals
Goal 1 – 5% lost – 287
Goal 2 – 10% lost – 273
Goal 3 – 50 pounds lost – 254
Goal 4 – College weight – 244
Goal 5 – 75 pounds lost – 229
Goal 6 – High school weight – 212
Goal 7 – 100 pounds lost – 204
Goal 8 – Driver’s license weight – 190
Goal 9 – Goal weight – 180
From now on, I’m going to do Weekly Weigh-ins every Thursday. I know Thursday is sort of an odd day to do weigh-ins, but Thanksgiving was the first day that I remembered to weigh myself, and since then I’ve just sort of had Thursday be my weigh-in day. Knowing me, that might change in the future, but for now that’s just what I’m going to do.
Starting weight: 304 // Starting BMI: 44.9
Goal weight: 180 // Goal BMI: 26.6
Current weight: 300.6 // Current BMI: 44.4
Yes, my goal weight still falls into the “overweight” category. I’m okay with that. According to BMI charts, the most I can weigh and still be “healthy” is 168. I’m not all that concerned about that, though. While I was trying to figure out what I wanted my goal weight to be, I stumbled across this site: My Body Gallery . You can type in the height, weight, pant size, shirt size, that you’re looking for, and then it pulls up pictures of real women who are that size. Oh, and you can also pick your body shape. It’s really cool. I used that to figure out where about I want to end up.
And now that I’ve discussed weight loss goals, I’m going to move on to some other goals of mine for the new year.
1. Drink 6-8 glasses of water a day.
2. Track my food everyday for at least two months. I’m not sure if I’m going to track my food forever, but I at least want to track it for long enough that I feel like I know how to make good choices on my own without tracking everything.
3. Keep my calorie intake in the recommended range.
4. Try at least one new food/meal a week.
5. Build up a list of recipes so that I can easily eat right when work and school start up again.
6. Cut down on caffeine consumption.
7. Eat at least one fruit or vegetable with every meal.
8. Transition to being vegan full-time.
1. Use the elliptical at least 5 days a week for an hour – when I do not have work.
2. Use the elliptical at least 3 days a week for half an hour – when I do have work.
3. Go with my mother to the park at least once a week.
4. Run a mile without stopping by the end of the year.
5. Do 5 real push-ups by the end of the year (in high school, I could only do 3 by the end of the semester).
I might adjust those goals later, but for now these are my health goals for 2013. In addition to those, I plan to update this blog at least once a week with my weekly weigh-in, though I hope to update it once more per week with a review of some sort, either of a new recipe that I’ve tried or a new fruit that I ate or something. Or maybe I’ll just combine that into one post. I’ll figure it out later. For now, I’m going to sit back, read one of my new books, and enjoy the fact that I didn’t gain any weight over Christmas. 🙂